- On April 11 there will be an examination for teens during the 9am class, followed by testing for adults in the 10:15 class. Please support these students by being on the mat and available to take ukemi. These students have been preparing diligently for some time now and your presence is invaluable. All students in the noontime fundamentals class are invited to join the mixed class at 10:15. The noontime class will be cancelled and we can share and celebrate this time together over lunch at Fidels.
- Sesshin will soon be here. It will take place at San Diego Aikikai from Friday, April 17 through Sunday April 19. There is still room to attend if you are interested but have been holding back. Also, if you are on the fence about it come and talk to me or Eddie Fetzer at the dojo. Please consult the flyer for further information.
- April 26th is O'Sensei's Memorial Day. This year it falls on a Sunday. We will be holding a special practice in his honor on the day before, Saturday, April 25th. All students are welcome to attend this 10:15 class.
- More detailed information will soon be out regarding the Udansha Seminar that North County Aikikai will be hosting May 16 and 17. This will include classes open to kyu ranks. There will be many ways and opportunities for all members to support this seminar to ensure that the seminar runs smoothly.
- Birankai North America Summer Camp July 16-21. More detailed information can be found online at www.birankai.org/summercamp. If you are intending to go book early. Fares are quite reasonable at the moment: $135 each way from San Diego to Seattle.
Thank you to Mark Drake who has volunteered to be the advisor on Summer Camp. Thanks also to Mara who will be in charge of our dojo's participation in the raffle. I am also very pleased to be able to pass on to you the following information regarding the Birankai SCHOLARSHIP Program. The deadline for applying is APRIL 26. Please let me know if you wish to apply. Non-instructors and Fukushidoin will need a brief letter of recommendation from me.