We are looking ahead to an active period in the dojo - outside of training that is! Following are the events scheduled through the summer:
- April 11 Testing for teens (9:00am~) and adults (10:15am~) at North County Aikikai.
- April 17-19 Spring Sesshin with Genjo Marinello Osho to be held at San Diego Aikikai. Please let me know if you will be attending. This is a great opportunity to intensify the silent part of our practice - sitting with ourselves! Of course the quieter the mind in Aikido, the more alert and efficient in movement is the body. If you would like to experience sitting zazen and haven't done so yet, please come and join us on Thursday evenings before our weapons' class.
- May 16 and 17 we will be hosting the SoCal Regional Udansha Seminar. This will require the input of the whole dojo to be ready to host our teachers and students from other dojos. Further information to follow.
- May 22 to 24 the 2015 Instructors' Intensive to be held in Delavan, WI.
- July 16 to 21 Birankai Summer Camp with guest instructor Miyamoto Tsuruzo Shihan from Hombu Dojo. For more information please click here. We are looking for a volunteer to help students stay on top of registering for summer camp and making sure that they are aware of all that attending summer camp entails. We also need a volunteer to coordinate the dojo's raffle contributions. All proceeds go towards the Birankai Scholarship Fund. Please speak to me directly if you are available to work on any of the above.
- Crane Sensei